Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Sneak Peek
Rosebud Magazine posted a sneak peek of the issue that "Love Food" appears in. It's not like I've never seen my name in print before...but somehow, with Ethan gnawing away at the computer wires (don't tell Thomas) at my feet and Kyra snoring downstairs in my bed, I am in disbelief at how this could happen at a time in my life where I thought my own desires and career goals will always rank secondary to being a mother, a role that doesn't come naturally to me. (Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than I will ever admit.) As the little girl that hid under her covers reading The Hobbit by flashlight and dreaming of a day where I could write something as legendary, I feel a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe I can shake my fists at my dad and everybody else who said "you are a hopeless dreamer." I know its just a very very tiny step in the footsteps of being a writer, but hey, it's a step. What a relief! I hope I always remember how this feels. And now, I better go because I hear a ripping sound behind me and I see that Ethan tore off a strip of wood twice the length of his body from my bookshelf. Hmmm, how is that possible from such a little guy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats, Leslie!
You are most definitely a hopeless dreamer and that will never change. The thing is, it's OK to be a hopeless dreamer. Your dad maybe doesn't think so, but really...it's OK. If we didn't have any hopeless dreamers, nothing fantastic would ever happen.
Post a Comment