Friday, May 1, 2009

Why I love Alaska

Southfork Eagle River is alive again...it's the first day I'm able to hear the river from my porch. Yeah, my days for writing beneath the sun and the wind gently brushing my hair are back...just a brief month in a year before the mosquitos. This summer we will only enjoy half of Alaska's best, as we will be in D.C. for Al's (Thomas' old roommate) wedding and Chi's wedding (Thomas' cousin).
Recently, the two baby moose that were born around Kyra's birth hung out on our lawn for an afternoon. One even came right up to my first floor window (we call this floor our basement) and I got a chance to touch his nose (through the glass). Mom would've loved this!

1 comment:

Sig. said...

I hear you kids are having lovely weather up there. Here, it's just cold-ish and rainy and windy. Yuck.