So, check out these videos and let me know if you think he was trying to "kill" or "pet" the fly.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
My little man
Ethan is nearly 20 months old, but he's always considered himself the same age as Kyra. He's very much like his dad in the sense that he has mastered the poker face, the one that says, "I know exactly how to do this" or "I know exactly what you're saying." So it didn't surprise me when a few days after Kyra had killed her first bug, Ethan decided (when Kyra wasn't home) that he would protect me from "fly fly."
However, I didn't think he could actually do the deed. You see, Ethan's personality is much more aligned with mine, while Kyra got her dad's "don't mess with me or you'll regret it" attitude. Ethan loves stuffed animals, Kyra could care less. Several times in the day, he curls up in your lap and reaches up to stroke your face affectionately.
All we remember about Kyra's toddler years were that she gave you the hand. Yes, the "don't touch me" hand. Maybe, because he's always been home with me since birth, he belts out every few seconds with a plantive "Mo Mee" or "Da Dee" or "Jei Jei" (big sister in Chinese) that makes you melt. And if Kyra gets in trouble, he seeks her out, pats her on the head, and says in baby talk...it's okay, I love you. If he gets in trouble, Kyra laughs in glee and wags a pointer finger at him, "Time out for you" or "Bad boy...ha!ha! "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Leslie, the fly isn't going to kill him. Just wash his hands when he's done petting it. :) Also? I can't believe he's so big and talkative and functional -- he's turning in to a *person*, which is very weird. Don't let the kiddos grow up so fast, dang it.
Post a Comment